Lemon-Honey Drop Cookies with Strawberry & White Chocolate

These were Lemon-Honey Drop Cookies with Strawberry & White Chocolate.

In addition to Apricot Financier, I wanted to make one more kind of cookies for my friend S's birthday. Financier had apricot orange and pistachio green. I was thinking of another spring color. So, no chocolate here. But white chocolate would work well. How about pink-red? I just received a free sample pack of dried strawberries. Nuts would be not a choice here because Financier had already almond nutty taste. On the other hand lemon would be always nice for spring. Maybe not crunchy texture but soft to represent gentle early spring. Think, think, think...
 
The result was these. I adapted a recipe of Lemon-Honey Drop Cookies from Cooking Light with some adjustments such as reducing sugar, replacing lemon extract with lemon juice, mixing cake flour, using sour cream for yogurt, skipping sugar graze, adding dried strawberry and white chocolate, etc. I am happy with what the cookies were in terms of both tastes and texture. They were cakey and moist. Importantly they were suitable for my theme - Spring!

Popular Posts