Squirrel-Shaped Almond Butter Cookies

These were squirrel-shaped almond butter cookies.

I like seeing squirrels hopping around our back woods. They are simply endearing. I happened to see this almond butter cookie dough recipe online, I imagined dozens of cute squirrel-shaped cookies on the kitchen counter. My dream came true.
For this project, I looked for a squirrel-shaped cookie cutter. There were some available online but they were not always cute or in right size. I picked this cookie cutter made in Germany on a Japanese baking goods online store. This is a pretty small, "mini" size that I liked. The details were cute. Looked perfect until I started cutting cookies with it. The leg part was too thin and tiny, I couldn't hold it well. Shocking!
However, even without the whole leg. they looked like squirrels. At least J easily identified what they were at once.
Actually the problem was not only the leg. Cutting the dough out with the cutter was required a lot of efforts. For the third batch, I made the rest of the dough in a monotonous shape.
Cookies were tasty. Nice with a cup of tea or coffee. And I am truly satisfied to shape my love to squirrels somewhat tangible.

Popular Posts