BlackSalt Restaurant

We had a dinner with J's parents at BlackSalt, a seafood restaurant in Washington, DC to celebrate both their and our wedding anniversaries together. This was a dessert - Key Lime Pie with Blueberry Compote, Whipped Cream, Sesame Seed Tuile. I confess I picked this restaurant up because I would like to try this key lime pie. My dream came true! It was very nice. And I loved the cute chocolate hearts.

Ok, back to the beginning. The restaurant brought four glasses of complimentary champagne. We made a toast with the refreshing bubbles. There were three kinds of bread. All bread was great!
J and I shared Wood Grilled Baby Octopus and Wood Grilled Mediterranean Sardines. Both were pretty good.
J's parents' starter also had baby octopus along with BlackSalt Oysters Rockefeller. I believe they enjoyed their starters too.

For entrees, J and I both ordered Bouillabaisse - monkfish, scallop, oysters, mussels, shrimp in saffron broth, served with Rouille-topped crouton. It had great flavors. I liked scallop but there was only one in the bowl. I wished there were more!
Not only the great dishes, the service was excellent and the dinning room was cozy. We will try to find another occasion to come back there again. 

BlackSalt Restaurant
4883 MacArthur Blvd.,
Washington D.C. 20007
www.blacksaltrestaurant.com/intro

Popular Posts