Veggie Burger

This was veggie burger.

Burger was my first choice to use leftover homemade buns. But it should be meat-free. I checked several vegetarian burger recipes online. I adapted a recipe for "Perfect Veggie Burgers" from Food Network Magazine. Main ingredient was black beans like many other recipes, but had some interesting ingredients such as barley, walnut, soy sauce. Sauteed onion/carrot/celery sounded good too. Luckily I had all ingredients in hand. Well, the recipe called for BBQ sauce, which has never been in our pantry. Instead of buying commercial BBQ sauce, I added Penzey's BBQ spice mix, chili powder, cumin, oregano, ancho chile powder, sweet paprika, black pepper, J's mother's spicy chili  flakes, and garlic powder (instead of using sauteed garlic).
Some people said the burgers didn't hold well. Mine was slightly crumbly but kept the shapes. J LOVED the burgers with melted sharp Provolone! These were really yummy. Who needs beef?

Popular Posts