Tarragon Chicken

This was Tarragon Chicken.

Hello again, Chicken! I have been cooking more chicken recently. Is it trying to reconcile me with chicken? This time an usual chicken cutlets pondered in 1/4 inch thickness meets fresh tarragon and cream. There are many variations of this classic French dish, or Poulet à l'Estragon. I made sauce with tarragon, shallots, white wine, chicken broth, heavy cream, juice from the cooked cutlets, black pepper and a tablespoon of butter. Green beans was a side dish. I steamed frozen green beans and tossed them with chopped fresh thyme, a little bit of butter, salt and pepper. Easy and wonderful. At the dinner time, I suddenly remembered I had forgotten to add Dijon mustard in the sauce. The sauce was nice and good with chicken. However, a drop of mustard might have added one more dimension, brought extra depth and complexity to the sauce, and changed me to a chicken lover?! I doubt it.

Popular Posts