Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon & Chives

These were Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and chives.

My homemade English muffins turned into the classic brunch dish. I haven't made hollandaise sauce for a while and recollect how to make it. J found a citrusy note in the sauce and liked it. Yes, lemon juice was in it. Also, Inspired by a recipe from BBC Good Food, I added a splash of white wine vinegar in the sauce. Our white wine vinegar from Basque has a sort of citrusy, perfumy scent. I can include a little white wine vinegar in my hollandaise sauce recipe as optional from now on.
On the other hand, I found the smoked salmon, which was pre-cut pieces packed in a container to be sold near the bagel section in a local Wegmans store, wasn't unfortunately very salty and didn't taste good. It's not easy to get smoked salmon in a good quality. J suggested we use bacon or ham next time. Or Just a thick slice of tomato, I pondered. It probably won't get J's vote, but why not veggie?

Popular Posts