Pan-Fried Chicken Cutlets with Sage

This was pan-fried chicken cutlet with sage.

Our fresh sage at the garden has been actively growing. What can go with sage well? Butternut squash! Mushrooms! But I thought if I add chicken in the list, J would pick it out of the three. So, chicken and sage. Boneless and skinless cutlets are easy to cook and taste lean, I mean, it doesn't taste too chickeny. It's important for me who usually doesn't like chicken. I attached finely chopped sage leaves with flour on both sides of the cutlets, and made shallot and white wine sauce with extra fresh sage leaves. It was a little too much sage for J, but I enjoyed the maximum sage flavor on chicken. The dark green forest over the chicken was sautéed kale with red wine vinegar. J was surprised at the volume of kale on the plate, but we both finished all kale along with chicken. Good for us!

Popular Posts