Peach Tart

This was peach tart.

I have been checking recipes on Food52.com, a food community these days. I don't know why and when I started receiving emails from Food52.com. I thought they were another junk mail at first but I found the site actually informative. This peach tart recipe was a first recipe that I saved in my newly created Food52 account. The recipe was interesting. The crust would be made without butter but with olive-oil, pushed to the tart pan, no roll out or pre-bake required. Then, filled with fresh peaches and top with generous sugar butter crumbles. Luckily I bought several fresh ripen peaches at a local farmers' market. I knew J would be with me.
It was really easy to make. Although the recipe said you didn't need to peel peaches, I did. Still all process was a piece of cake! Good news was it was great. I loved the light flaky crust. J commented it was different from a usual (buttery, cookie like, I guess) tart. I wasn't totally sure if what he meant was positive, but I hope so. Peaches were juicy. Crumbles were sandy. With a whipped cream, I was so happy.
Bad news was the tart didn't keep its texture next day. I kinda predicted what would happen when I covered the leftover with a plastic wrap day before. Any crisp crumble toppings absorb the moist from the cake/fruits and get soggy later. This wasn't an exception. Peaches were really juicy; the crumbles were melted and became gooey sadly. Surprisingly the crust didn't get soggy, though. I would love to bake something else with the crust. How will J react to the crust next time? We'll see.

Popular Posts