Temari Cafe

We had a lunch at Temari cafe, a Japanese food cafe in Rockville, MD.

J usually has Ramen here. This time wasn't an exception although he picked Char-siu (Chinese style barbecued pork) ramen, which was ramen with soy-sauce based clear soup and generous Char-siu slices. He seemed to have enjoyed it after his appetizer. He usually orders grilled Shishamo fish for appetizer and did this time too, along with cold sake. I chose Chirashi-sushi, assorted Sashimi fish on sushi rice since I hadn't had sushi/sashimi for a while. It came with small salad. The Chirashi-sushi was ok. Not special, but alright.
I guess this was my first time to have sushi here. Since the cafe is run by Japanese and I heard their sushi was better than any sushi-specialized Japanese restaurants in the area, ,y expectation was so high. Again, it wasn't bad, but not great. At least this Chirashi-suchi on the day. Maybe I will stick to Shio-Saba Teishoku, or a grilled mackerel platter, which I often order here.

Popular Posts