Summer Tomato Rice Gratin

This was summer tomato rice gratin.

At a local farmer's market, colorful tomatoes caught my eye. They were so beautiful. The farmer told me green ones are the sweetest, not for frying; yellows are milder than red. Once I heard that, it was natural to buy each of them. Big four bright tomatoes in my shopping bag. What to do? J didn't show me his smile when I suggested fresh tomato mix salad. So I needed to come up with something else. He liked Tomato Zucchini Rice Gratin, a simple, summary, cheesy, great dish to use our garden herbs. What if I make the gratin without zucchini but all tomatoes?

The recipe was the same. First roast tomatoes. Layer seasoned rice and onion mixture and roasted tomatoes and repeat. Top with parmesan cheese. Roast until top becomes brown.
Easy!
Juicy tomatoes mingled with herby cheesy rice. So delightful! The gratin gained J's approval. Happy Summer! 

Popular Posts