Almond & Almond-Chocolate Croissants from Un Je Ne Sais Quoi

These were almond croissant and almond-chocolate croissant from Un Je Ne Sais Quoi..., a cute little French pâtisserie in Washington, DC.

I accidentally passed by the place when I was walking near Dupont Circle with my friend and her kids. The place has been on my go-to list, but I hadn't had a chance to check it out so far. Before catching a metro on my way back home, I returned to the bakery.

When I entered, baked goods neatly aligned on the counter immediately caught my eye. Some were obvious but I asked a lady serving at the counter what kinds of pastries each was - croissant, brioche, almond croissant, and almond-chocolate croissant. As a serious almond croissant lover, I picked up almond and almond-chocolate each, of course, and a couple of plain croissant, and happily headed back home.

We didn't have time to taste any of them on the day, so the sweet pastries were served at a tea time of the next day. Both almond and almond croissant were pretty good although they could be even better yesterday.

By the way the bakery specializes in merveilleux, a delicate confection made of meringue and whipped cream. Meringue cake won't travel well on a hot day and meringue desserts are often too sweet for J and me, so I wasn't excited to get merveilleux this time anyway. Maybe next time.

Popular Posts