Toasted Coconut Ice Cream with Chocolate Magic Shell

This was toasted coconut ice cream with chocolate magic shell.

J was smiling, holding two fresh coconuts at a local Wegmans store. Oh-oh, I would go through the troublesome process again. Even with two this time. In fact, J helped me a lot, and two fresh coconuts turned into shredded coconuts more efficiently than I expected. By the way, J took out coconut water and we enjoyed drinking it!
Two coconuts created a mountain of shredded coconuts. To meet J's demand, my mission was to make a kind of ice cream with them. I found the recipe of toasted coconut ice cream online. I adapted the recipe with some changes. I used four egg yolk instead of five. I just tried to be healthier. I replaced sugar with Agave syrup as usual. I used low fat milk for whole milk. The recipe steep roasted coconuts in warm milk and discard the coconut. It sounded like wasting the coconut. I kept the coconut and toasted it again to use the ice cream topping. As another topping, I made my first chocolate magic shell that magically instantly hardens into a chocolate shell on ice cream. I have seen a recipe of magic shell and have been curious about it. It calls just for chocolate and coconut oil. It was ideal for our coconut-themed dessert!
The result was wonderful. The ice cream was ultra creamy with a lovely caramel-like toasted coconut flavor. Magic shell was a true magic and so much fun. Of course, very delicious. It was one of the best ice cream.

Popular Posts