Coconut & Apple Cake

This was coconut and apple cake.

It was another way to use the shredded fresh coconut that we just made. I found the recipe of "Emily Dickinson's Coconut Cake" by Tori Avey's beautiful website. The recipe was simple and called for great 1 cup of shredded coconut! I adapted the recipe and made some changes as usual, such as using coconut sugar for sugar and reducing the amount, reducing butter by half, adding a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil, replacing milk with yogurt, adding chopped apple and a splash of German apple-pear brandy. Just shredded coconut would be good, but with apple, the cake would be better, I thought. I was right!
The cake was tasty and getting moist day by day. It was lovely with tea. No whipped cream was required.
What shall I do with shredded coconut next?

Popular Posts