Almond Croissants & Fruit Scones from Mannion & Co.


During our recent visit in York, we picked up a couple of treats at Mannion & Co. I I have been interested in the cafe/bistro, but whenever I was in York, I have only peeked their baked goods that I could see through their small front window so far. Finally I had a chance to try some of them! We chose two almond croissants and two fruit scones. Although fruit tarts and savory pastries also looked nice, we wisely bought things that would travel well without refrigeration for a while. 


We had almond croissants when we got back home in the late afternoon of the day. It was amazingly delicious! Clearly one of the best I have ever had! The almond filling, which is often gooey, oily and/or too sugary, had a delicate texture, like a crispy but tender cookie, and was smoothly integrated with the croissant part. The fruit scones were our breakfast on the next day. Wonderful. It was a very good introduction to Mannion & Co. The next step will be to dine in. I hope such a time comes soon!

Popular Posts