Homemade Cheesecake with M&S's Mango & Passionfruit Coulis


I sometimes make cheesecake. This particular one somehow went wrong. J didn't like it. It was made without heavy cream, which perhaps could be a reason why the texture wasn't smooth. I should have strained the batter, too. The flavor was kinda bland. Maybe it could be attributed to Waitrose Essential Soft Cheese which I used first time instead of my usual Duchy Organic Soft Cheese. Anyway, the cake wasn't enjoyable as plain. It needed something to cover those faults. Something like a fruit sauce. J suggested specifically passionfruit or mango, but would it be easy for me to procure passionfruit or mango in a sauce format? Or would I have to it from scratch?

On the next day I ran to a local M&S store and surprisingly I found a product called Mango and Passion Fruit Coulis. I couldn't believe such a product was actually available. It was more than perfect! M&S saved the day! A new concern quickly popped up in mind. How good would it taste? I checked the ingredient list and confirmed the high percentage of fruit ratio. I decided to trust the quality. After dinner, I served a slice of poor cheesecake with the coulis. The dessert turned into a divine, thank on J's idea. The coulis has become my new favorite by the way. It's very good on yogurt. I would love to keep a bottle in the refrigerator for my daily yogurt as well as a future baking failure.  

Popular Posts