Eggnog Cake

This was Eggnog cake.

There was Eggnog leftover that J bought for Christmas. Eggnog is basically milk/cream/egg with nutmeg. I thought it could be used for baking. Actually I found many recipes for Eggnog cake, but they usually called for a box of commercial cake mix, 3 eggs, 2 sticks of butter and tons of sugar, which simply scared me. Some recipes called for only 1/4 cup Eggnog, which wouldn't help my plan to use our Eggnog as much as possible.

So I developed my own Eggnog recipe - less sugar, less egg, less butter and much Eggnog from scratch. Since the cake was not so sweet, adding some rum glaze on top could be innocent. So I did! J thought the decoration looked funny like a giant pop-tart.
The cake clearly tasted Eggnog. I was so glad J liked it! Now we know how to enjoy Eggnog leftover.



   

Popular Posts