Hedgehog Chocolate Cookies

These were Hedgehog Chocolate Cookies.

I adapted a recipe on Japanese cooking recipe site, Cookpad. The cookies looked complicated but actually they were very easy to make. The most fun part was making the spines with kitchen scissors.
 I didn't know the dough would spread after baked. My hedgehogs became a little bit chubby.
White chocolate for face; dark chocolate for eyes and noses.
Anything like nuts, dried fruits and chocolate can fill in the cookies, which is a little surprise when you bite the hedgehog. I wrapped a chunk of semi-sweet chocolate in each cookie. I liked the texture of the dough, but the flavor was off. I mean, just plain cocoa flavor. I would add vanilla, cinnamon, and/or coffee to enhance the cocoa flavor. Anyway, they were simply cute!

Popular Posts