Japanese Style Curry with Japanese Curry Roux

This was Japanese style curry with Japanese curry roux.

I usually make curry from scratch, but a once a while I have a taste for Japanese style curry made with commercial Japanese curry roux. For me, such Japanese curry should be thick and rich, not too spicy, have chunky carrot, onion and potatoes, and be served with steamed sticky white rice. To make such curry is so easy; you just need a box of Japanese curry roux. Yes, I did! It was months ago when we bought it at a Japanese grocery store in Rockville, MD. I wanted to make my curry without meat, so I added 1 pound of mushrooms. And onion, carrot, and potato, of course! But the curry doesn't need to be vegetarian. Instead of simple water, I used both chicken broth and beef broth for more flavors. Also I added fresh ginger and garlic for much more flavors. Japanese style curry is versatile.

Popular Posts