Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos

These were smoked pulled pork tacos.

We smoked pork last year, vacuumed-packed the plenty of the leftover and kept in freezer. Finally I could bid farewell to the pork at this taco party! Well, to most of them. I defrosted two blocks of smoked pork, shredded them with two forks, and cooked them with homemade fajita spice mix that I made based on a online recipe with some changes such as skipping salt and sugar. Toppings were low-fat Mexican cheese mix, Chi-Chi's medium thick and chunky salsa, which was Cook's Illustrated's recommended commercial product, hand-mashed fresh avocado with freshly squeezed lime juice, and Spring mix greens. I am glad J loved the tacos! I generally doesn't like keeping frozen meat in the freezer, which gives me, who is not a big fan of meat, stressful obligations to use the meat again before the taste goes bad, but this was a good make over of the frozen leftover.

Popular Posts