Cavatappi with Tomato, Red Pepper, Onion & Vegetarian Smoked Apple Sage Sausages

This was Cavatappi with Tomato, Red Pepper, Onion and Vegetarian Smoked Apple Sage Sausages.

Field Roast's vegetarian frankfurters have been our good friend whenever we hold a veggie dog party. Recently I was in a local Giant store, and happened to find Field Roast's smoked apple sage sausages. I was just curious about their taste. Although I didn't have any idea to do with them, I bought a pack of them anyway.
A few days later, I had an idea for the sausages. I boiled twisted tube pasta, or Cavatappi, made a quick tomato and red bell pepper sauce, and tossed the pasta with the sauce and the sausages that I cut and pan-fried. The taste and texture of sausages were pretty good, better than I expected. They were browned well and kept the shape well. They were herby and flavorful. Good news was J approved the vegetarian sausages!

Popular Posts