Stumptown Coffee - French Roast

This was our third order with Stumptown Coffee.

Since all coffee from the first two orders were somewhat weak for J, I bought beans that Stumptown said, "You have never tasted a dark roast quite like this." It was French Roast. It was dark indeed. It was supposed to be "Big aromas of dark chocolate and clove live in this rich, full-bodied cup." For me, it was just bitter. I didn't find any pleasant aromas, depth, or complexity. Just one dimension. Just bitter. However, when I mixed the beans with beans from our second order - Colombia La Esperanza or Costa Rica Montes De Oro, or both, the output was acceptable. At least I was able to finish my little cup. My favorite Stumptown Coffee is Guatemala Finca El Injerto Bourbon so far. It was not dark one, but definitely made a delightful cup with wonderful and well-balanced aromas.

Popular Posts