Homemade Pitas with Baked Falafel

These were homemade pitas with baked falafel.

I adapted the same recipe of baked falafel that I did the last time. I didn't have enough dry chickpeas. I mixed 1 cup of dry chickpeas that were soaked in water overnight and a can of chickpeas. I remembered my last falafel was great but I might have made them a little bit too smooth. I like them a little bit more chunky. So, I carefully processed falafel dough in the food processor until they looked still pretty chunky. I also added only two tablespoon of flour to make falafel light and crumbly.
Golden crumbly falafel came from the oven!
This was my plate. I was happy with the texture of falafel! Homemade pita pockets were filled with falafel, homemade cucumber-dill-Greek yogurt sauce, and sliced fresh tomatoes. Simple, healthy and delicious.

Popular Posts