Ultranutty Pecan Bars

These were Ultranutty Pecan Bars.

It was last November when I bought a bag of pecans so as to make the bars. Caramelly chewy nutty cookie bars sounded lovely for a holiday season. However, I had kept missing a chance to do so. It's spring now. I couldn't let summer arrive while I have being watched by the anxious pecans.
The recipe was from Cook's Illustrated. I reduced the amount of each ingredient so that I could make the bars in a 8" x 8" pan instead of 9" x 13" and make it much less sugar.
I also added about a tablespoon of bourbon that wonderfully boosted vanilla and caramel flavors. Dark rum would be lovely too. Perhaps next time.
Nutty. Very nutty indeed. J repeatedly mentioned the bars were nice. I was happy to hear that. So were the pecans, I believe.

Popular Posts