American Spoon's Buckwheat Pancake Mix & Honeycrisp Apple Conserve

American Spoon's buckwheat pancake mix came to me along with its cousin, wheat & malt pancake mix, thanks to Santa J! I have had Japanese buckwheat noodles, Soba, hundreds of times since I was born, but I don't think that I have had buckwheat pancakes before.
The buckwheat pancake mix turned into beautiful golden fluffy pancakes easily. 
They were slightly gray. I could see very tiny dark dots that are I believe buckwheat. They tasted as very good as wheat and malt. A little more earthy, maybe? I didn't find any bitterness that people often describe as a taste of buckwheat.   
Topping was American Spoon's delicious honeycrisp apple conserve again. There is still plenty of leftover of the mix. Next time I would like to enjoy my pancakes with traditional maple syrup and butter combo.

Popular Posts