Pasta e Fagioli

Pasta e Fagioli, or Italian Pasta & Bean Soup has my favorite foods: pasta and beans. I knew I would love the soup. I have seen a recipe by Cook's Illustrated. It called for pancetta, which I hoped would convince J to allow me to make the soup. Pancetta might have worked or this cold weather made soup sounded nice. Either way, J let me make Pasta e Fagioli. It was easy to make. I halved the recipe and added carrot. The result was pretty good! The soup was very flavorful. I was happy to hear J said he enjoyed the soup. Although the recipe warned that "this soup does not hold well because the pasta absorbs the liquid," there was some leftover. So, we had the leftover next day. It was true that the pasta absorbed the liquid. I added chicken broth to the soup to bring it back to soup-y. Actually the soup on Day 2 wasn't bad at all. Day 3 probably won't be good, though.

Popular Posts