Salmon with Lime Herb Butter

Lime herb butter took a simple oven-baked salmon fillets to somewhere unique. First I thought that the green butter, made with butter, lime zest and juice, fresh ginger, fresh cilantro, and a pinch of Piment d'Espelette (the original recipe called for cayenne pepper, instead), had a taste of south Asia. My second thought was a taste of Caribbean. The recipe came from The New York Times. My butter was somehow larger round than our salmon fillets' width, which made a little silly look.
J thought the dish was nice although the butter should be soften more to spread on fish easily. I guess I could take the butter out from freezer earlier. The side was asparagus and risotto alla Milanese. This dinner looked very springy. Can't wait to repeat it when spring comes.

Popular Posts