Best Meatloaf

This was the BEST meatloaf! said J. I was very happy to hear that while I wasn't sure if I have still remembered how I made it. I should try to recollect it before too late... let's see. I adapted a recipe for Meatier Meatloaf from Cook's Illustrated. I added 8 oz white mushrooms instead of 6 oz and used only half a pound of ground pork. I replaced dried thyme with fresh thyme. Since I reduced the amount of pork, I might have reduced some other ingredients like soy sauce and gelatin... have I??
For glaze, I think I halved the ingredients of the glaze, but not totally sure about it. I used tomato paste for ketchup because a thing called "ketchup" has never been allowed to obtain an admission pass to this house. That's another story, anyway. I added a few tiny dashes of Tabasco for 1 teaspoon of hot sauce. This memorandum will be somehow helpful for the next time. I am pretty sure there will be the next!

Popular Posts