Irish Lemon Pudding

Double chocolate Irish cream pudding was a great dessert for St. Patrick's day last year. I could repeat it again this year but felt we had a lot of chocolate recently (well, all the time). To get a new idea of Irish (or Irish-related) desserts, I was turning over pages of my new cooking book - Irish Traditional Cooking and "Fluffy Lemon Pudding" on Page 219 caught my eye. The recipe would create "a fluffy top and a creamy lemon base." It was similar to one for lemon pudding cakes by Cook's Illustrated that I adapted some years ago. I don't think that Cook's Illustrated mentioned any relationship of their recipe with Ireland, though. After I compared both recipes to each other closely, I decided to follow one by Cook's Illustrated again because it seemed more lemony and creamy. The result was wonderful. The pudding was very refreshing and perfect after the corned beef dinner.

Popular Posts