Homemade Cardamon Muffins

We enjoyed cardamon muffins from a Persian bakery recently. How could I make them by myself so that we could enjoy more? I googled a recipe of cardamon muffins. There were some online. Cardamon flavored sweets/pastries seem common in the middle east and in Sweden. To find out whether any relationship between those two areas, which are geographically quite separated from each other, would be fascinating although I tried to stay focus on my original mission: make muffins. I was looking for a simple recipe, not like pear-cardamon muffins or cardamon-coffee-cake muffins. Luckily I found a recipe for Persian Cardamon Muffins – Cake Yazdi on the lovely food blog "Unicorns in the Kitchen" by an author of a Persian cookbook. I was sure I was on the right track.
The recipe was easy and ingredients were simple. I just needed to buy rose water. Actually I have never used rose water in cooking before. The recipe said "Make sure you don’t use too much rose water because it can overpower all the other flavors." The rose water I bought smelled very strong and perfumy. The recipe called for two tablespoons, which I though could be too much for my taste. I used only one tablespoon in case. I also reduced sugar to half. My muffins were tasty and light but a little dry texture, perhaps, because much less sugar. I didn't find any rose water effect. I must follow what the recipe says. Two tablespoons next time.

Popular Posts