Unfortunate Dim Sum Experience

I happened to find a dim sum place in Rockville that has been receiving good reviews. Many people seem to like their soup dumplings. Soup dumplings reminded me of a Chinese restaurant in New York City, where J and I enjoyed soup dumplings. It would be fun to try soup dumplings in Maryland, I thought. We visited the place for brunch and ordered two kinds of soup dumplings: Pork XLB's and Crab & Pork XLB's as well as other items. In short, their dumplings were disappointing: too oily and not-so-flavorful. About others, Green tea smoked duck crispy cakes - cakes were weirdly sweet and dry. The filling was ok but tiny.
Scallion pancakes - too oily, again.
Fried shrimp with sweet rice dumplings - I usually like sweet rice dumplings, or "Mochi" in Japanese, but in this case, the red strange color and unidentified filling, which was supposed to be shrimp turned me off. 
Shrimp bean curd wraps - they were the best of all that we ordered in my opinion although they were again too oily.
Lotus with sweet rice cakes - Stay away!
Ok, that's enough. I am sorry that their foods weren't our taste. There were so many items on the menu. Perhaps, our chose wasn't wise. Perhaps, what I saw right before eating foods at the restaurant affected my taste: a woman was shaving a man's hair in a tiny women's restroom.

Popular Posts