Homemade Big Mac

While we were picking a few grocery items at a local Giant, J brought me an unexpected thing: Annie's organic thousand island dressing. I was confused because we have never bought that kind of dressing. Then, he said, Let's make Big Mac! I was still lost because I didn't know the sauce for Big Mac was something like Thousand Island. Anyway, the dressing was the beginning of our Big Mac project.   
J studied how to make Big Mac sauce and created his special version. Meanwhile, I baked buns. He cooked bison burger patties and melt American cheese on top. I sliced buns into three layers, chopped lettuce, and opened a new jar of sliced pickles. We assembled a mile-high Big Mac together. This was a team work!
The result was great! J's special sauce was very tasty. It was some decades ago when I had Big Mac in Japan. I don't remember the taste, so I couldn't compare this with an original. However, I am pretty sure this was so much better than McDonald's. 

Popular Posts