Neuhaus' "When Neuhaus Meets Single Malt Whisky..."

J bought a lovely chocolate box from one of our favorite chocolatier Neuhaus. The theme of the box was "When Neuhaus meets single malt whisky..." I expected chocolate filled with whisky or flavored with whisky.
We tried one piece. It was delightful while I didn't taste any liquor. We had another one. Again, there wasn't a clear trace of whisky. I read a brochure that came with the box and found out that it was about pairing chocolate with whisky, spirits and wine. The box was a special collection of Neuhaus chocolate that makes a wonderful parting with two single malt scotch whiskies: Auchentoshan and Bowmore 15 years. Neuhaus also recommended to combine the collection with other spirits such as sherry, port, cognac, rum and wine. Well, I understood why I didn't taste any liquor. While we didn't pair the chocolate with drinks, each piece was divine. Thank you J!

Popular Posts