Jambalaya with Kielbasa

There was some leftover Kielbasa from the successful pan-fried Kielbasa luncheon. J and I discussed about the destination of the rest of Kielbasa. Among several ideas, jambalaya won! I adopted the recipe for Weeknight Jambalaya from The Darling Gourmet that I found online, which was simple, called for only Kielbasa for meat, no chicken or shrimps. I made some changes. I pan-fried Kielbasa chunks first and used the fat from the sausage to sauté veggies. I added extra green bell pepper and celery to make the dish veggie-rich. For "good Creole Seasoning," I made up my own spice mix based on a few recipes for Creole seasoning blend available online. I skipped hot sauce.
The result was fantastic! Rich, meaty, tasty. It was somehow spicy, too. I guess my own spice mix provided some heat. Jambalaya was a great idea to use Kielbasa up. Perhaps next time Kielbasa mac & cheese would be, which was J's first thought.

Popular Posts