Organic Turmeric Fusilli with Crab & Tomato Creamy Sauce

Since J gave me organic turmeric fusilli a few months ago, I have been thinking what kind of sauce I shall match the special pasta with. I recently saw a photo of creamy tomato sauce with crab online, which looked delicious. What if the sauce meets the yellow pasta?
Some recipes of creamy tomato sauce with crab that I saw online called for canned crab. I remember that I bought canned crab years ago and almost of all of the inside of the can was water. Stay away from canned crab was a lesson learned. We went to a local Wegmans store and bought a pound of steamed crabmeat packed in a plastic container. It looked a lot, but there wasn't half a pound container. I made up a recipe for simple creamy tomato sauce and used all crabmeat. 
The result was fine but wasn't exactly what I expected. The dish was somehow dry. Probably crab was too much and the sauce was too little. It tasted nice but the balance among pasta, crab and sauce was wrong. Next day I added more cream in the leftover when I reheated it. Much better! By the way, both first and second days I felt my tongue numbing. I knew turmeric has such an effect. The pasta must have been the cause. J didn't feel anything, though. I wonder what kind of sauce could cover the numbing effect from the pasta. 

Popular Posts