Konak Tavuk @ Konak Meze


We were back to Konak Meze again! I was almost ordering my favorite Ali Nazik but decided to try something new. J and I both had Konak Tavuk - "diced chicken breast slowly cooked with peppers, apricot, sultanas, almonds, lemon juice, honey and cinnamon." Tavuk is chicken in Turkish (I think). Konak is a mansion or a large house in Turkish, but in this case the restaurant itself, I guess. That was why the dish was mentioned as "Specialty of the Chef!" in the menu.


The dish was very tasty. It was a magic of sweet and savory. With rice and vegetables, we were so full by the end of the meal as usual. We didn't forget to have a starter, too. I had Kalamar and J had  Arnavut Ciger (pan fried lamb liver with red onions, cumin, oregano) again. It must be his favorite starter.



High quality and large quantity. What else would we ask for?

Popular Posts