Cream Tea #3 @ The Harrogate Tea Rooms

The Harrogate Tea Rooms was the third venue for my Cream Tea tasting. It was located on the first (second in the US) floor of Westminster Arcade, a historic Victorian shopping arcade, originally opened in 1898. Although cream tea is a form of afternoon tea, I thought of having one for breakfast. Why not? Around 9:30am, I was apparently the first customer of the day. Nobody was there. There wasn't "cream tea" on the menu. I ordered a scone with jam and cream and tea separately. A young lady told me she just opened the kitchen and would start baking scones which would take time. I didn't mind. While my scone was in the oven, she brought me a pot of tea, their regular tea = Yorkshire Tea.
My scone showed up. It was plain. I guess their regular scone was plain, without raisins. The scone was very warm, which I expected. Very light but not as airy as Jennys, maybe. The cream was served very chilled, like Bettys. Jam was just a jam. Overall, the cream tea experience here was very nice but not so impressive. Probably I just got tired of continuous testing, notably without J.

Popular Posts