Homemade Puttanesca in England


Luckily our local grocery stores here provide very good pasta sauce products. I have been taking advantage of such a convenience situation while I still like my own creation, like puttanesca. I made puttanesca sauce recently, the first time in England! It was easy to get all ingredients - olive oil, garlic, canned diced tomato, capers, olives, anchovies, and fresh parsley - at a local grocery store. As well as pasta!


I usually get De Cecco's when I buy dried pasta, but this time I tried Napolina's linguine. I haven't seen the brand before. The company's website said, "the Napolina brand was established in Italy and launched in the UK in 1965." Maybe the US is not their major market yet. The product package said "bronze die," "rougher texture", "holds more sauce." Those sales pitches are what De Cecco, founded in 1886, has been well-known for. I cooked the Napolina's linguine according to the package and served with my puttanesca sauce. The pasta's texture was a little rougher, softer and less chewy than De Cecco's, I thought. It was fine but I prefer De Cecco's. My sauce was delicious as usual anyhow.

Popular Posts