Ali Nazik @ Konak Meze

It was a very happy moment to discover my new favorite! Ali Nazik that I had at our favorite restaurant, Konak Meze was amazing. I loved the deep, moreish flavor of chargrilled marinated lamb fillets on a bed of smoked aubergine and garlic yogurt. It is said that the dish was first presented to Selim I, the Sultan (a king or sovereign) of the Ottoman Empire in the 16th century and he liked it very much, and the dish was named based on what he said about the dish. By now, the dish has become a home-style dish in Turkey. How didn't I knowing such a delicious dish existed? J also had the dish and liked it very much. Whenever I go back to the restaurant, Ali Nazik will be my choice unless I don't feel like eating lamb due to some reasons. 

My starter was chargrilled halloumi cheese with Turkish salsa
and crispy salad. It was simple and tasty. J had Arnavut Ciger - pan fried lamb liver with red onions, cumin, oregano, paprika. According to the restaurant, it was an original 17th century Ottoman street food dish. It might be his favorite starter at the restaurant. Bravo, Konak Meze. We love you!

Popular Posts