Zucca Ripiena & more @ Stuzzi


Pumpkin is one of my favorite vegetables! When I found Zucca Ripiena on the menu of Stuzzi during our recent visit to the restaurant, I couldn't help but order the dish. It was whole, roasted baby pumpkin filled with a truffled cheese sauce served with a spiced pumpkin seed crumb and black olive sourdough crostini. The magic word, "cheese" convinced J. The dish was very cheese-y indeed. I finished the pumpkin up except the little stem. Yum.


We also shared Orecchiette - homemade orecchiette pasta with braised cime di rapa, capers, chili and garlic, topped with a toasted anchovy breadcrumb. I could have loved the dish if it wasn't so salty.


We had a panino - the Godmother 2.0 (La Sporcacciona) with five salami including n'duja, Taleggio cheese and vine tomatoes, toasted and served on soft pane, too. The sandwich was a little too spicy for me, but I guess J enjoyed the heat.


We were so full after those three dishes. I think we should order just two dishes and ask them to reduce salt if possible next time.

Popular Posts