Barcelona, Spain 8 - Madeleine & Orange Juice @ a cafe


It was very nice to walk to a beach and see the Mediterranean sea on a gorgeous day while we were in Barcelona. We just sat down on a bench and watched a relatively quiet winter beach for a while. I guess we couldn't have such a peaceful moment during summer.





On our way to beach, we stopped by at a cafe to have a breakfast. I don't remember the name of the cafe but I do remember what I had - madeleine and freshly squeezed orange juice. The madeleine was delightful with a hint of lemon, actually better than I expected. I have baked madeleine sometimes when I was in the US but not yet in the UK. I guess madeleine isn't usually available in England. I should bake some when I come back to England. I was thinking about those things while I was munching Spanish madeleine. Having fresh orange juice was the most "Spanish thing" that I did during our trip. I heard that it's common in Spain, including Barcelona that a cafe/restaurant/bar squeezes fresh oranges and serve orange juice especially for breakfast instead of pouring commercial-jarred orange juice into a glass. Was the taste different? Well, it tasted like orange surely and very refreshing.


Before the breakfast, we visited Barcelona Cathedral. The Gothic cathedral and seat of the Archbishop of Barcelona, built from the 13th to 15th centuries looked nicely seasoned, comparing with the Sagrada FamĂ­lia.







To be continued...

Popular Posts