Burnt Eggplant & Orzo Soup


Jerusalem cookbook's Burnt Eggplant Soup, again! The last time when I made the soup was 2016. I didn't realize it was a quite long time ago. Eggplants, or aubergines are usually available at a local Waitrose store here, England. They are not too huge like those in the US, so three of them neatly fit in my toaster oven and got burnt beautifully. It was a little surprise that I couldn't find Lebanese little pasta balls or giant couscous here, though. I used orzo instead. The soup was wonderful. J liked it very much... well almost. He said that he would prefer less sour. Well, I might have added extra lemon juice and I admit that I reduced the amount of sugar (Splenda that I actually used). Either or both actions most likely made the soup a bit more sour than it was supposed to be. I will try to remember it although I enjoyed the brightly lemony soup.

Popular Posts