Baci di Dama

These were Baci di Dama, Italian cookies named "Ladies' Kisses."

I simply fell in love with cute pictures of Baci di Dama on my favorite food blog by Monsieur David Lebovitz's blog. Why wouldn't I make some? I followed his recipe closely without problems although some readers seemed to have issues. It took long time to clean roasted hazelnuts' skins off, though. I used rice flour as the recipe recommended. Each cookie piece was 5 or 6 g as I measured and adjusted one by one. After baked, somehow my cookies didn't make a pretty dome shape but collapsed, but it wasn't a big deal. The cookies would be happy to have an identity.

I melt 70% cacao dark chocolate and piped the chocolate with a "Zip-lock bag" cone to make chocolate sandwiches. They tasted great! The combination of freshly grounded hazelnut and dark chocolate couldn't be better! I liked the light and sandy texture, which was unique.

J loved these cute kisses. Baci!

Popular Posts