Ultracrunchy Baked Pork Chops

This was Ultracrunchy baked pork chop and Spaetzle.

This was REALLY crunchy. J confirmed it was the crunchiest crusted pork chop in his life...so far. I adopted a recipe from Cook's Illustrated February 2008 issue.

I used my own bread crumbs made with my homemade breads instead of white sandwich bread slices on the recipe's ingredients list. Although my bread crumbs have been toasted once, I toasted them according to the recipe again. That may have made the crust super-crunchy. 

The recipe was interesting to make a thick batter of flour, mustard and egg whites which grips the bread crumbs like glue. The crust was very flavorful with garlic, shallot, Parmesan cheese, fresh thyme, and parsley. 

A package of dried handmade Spaetzel that we just bought became a side dish. We tossed the boiled Spaetzel with savory truffle butter and fresh parsley. Since the pork chop was ridiculously crunchy that actually made us laugh, the tender chewy texture of Spaetzel gave us some peaceful chewing moments.

Popular Posts