Cannoli from Di Pasquale's

This was a fill-by-yourself-Cannoli kit from Di Pasquale's in Baltimore.

Cannoli was one of their dessert menu. According to their menu, for filling, they have traditional cream and pistachio cream; for shells, mini, regular, chocolate dipped mini, and chocolate dipped regular. I was curious about pistachio cream. And chocolate dipped shells would be better for chocolate lovers like us. And regular size, of course. 6 would be perfect. That was the order I placed. First I was shocked by the weird green stuff that one of the store staff was packing in a small container. That must be part of my order. Must be pistachio cream! Yes, it was.
The green scared J too. Anyway, we made both. J specifically asked me to fill the shell completely without leaving any space inside of the shell. Carefully I did so. The green cream didn't taste like pistachio although I saw some pieces of chopped pistachio in it. The traditional cream was lovely. Some chopped citron in the cream was a nice accent. Lessons learned: Stick to traditional.

Popular Posts