Polish Pastries

These were Polish pastries from a Polish market in Rockville.

The market had a large container filled with fresh pastries. How could we leave the store without taking those with us? The lady at the store explained each pastry. We bought three: a Polish doughnut, a pastry filled with cheese, and a pastry with blueberry filling.
They were nice, not too sweet (except the sugar coating on doughnut). The filling in the Polish doughnut was surprisingly small, but I liked the flavor. It tasted something like rose. Actually the lady told us what the filling was, but I couldn't catch the word. So didn't J. I would't be able to sleep well through the night until I find out what it was, so I went to the Internet. A-ha! It must have been wild rose hip jam, which is one of the traditional fillings of Polish jelly doughnuts, or Paczki. Doughnuts with roses - what a romantic country Poland is!

Popular Posts