Spaghettini alla Puttanesca

This was Spaghettini (thin spaghetti) alla Puttanesca.

Since I read "How to cook the perfect puttanesca" on the Guardian recently, I wanted to make and eat Puttanesca pasta. By the way, I am a big fan of the how to cook the perfect --- series. I didn't adapted the article's recipe. Instead I just got back to my own recipe with a few changes like reducing the amount of olives and adding more parsley. My ingredients are quite similar to those from the article although the proportion was somewhat different. One big difference may be the tomato part. The article called for passata and tomato puree. Passata can be tomato puree but the definition of the term is apparently different between US and UK, so I am not sure what was exactly used in the article's recipe. Anyway it was true that the picture of the article inspired me. My Puttanesca this time was somehow a little big too fishy (I might have added more anchovy than usual) and salty (I might have not washed salted capers well), but was pungent to satisfy my Puttanesca desire.

Popular Posts