Caramelized Almond Honey Squares

These were caramelized almond honey squares.

This was one of sweets on my I'll-bake-soon list. The recipe of these cookies was on David Lebovitz's blog, which he adapted from The French Kitchen Cookbook by Patricia Wells. Honey seemed like a key ingredient. The recipe recommended a strong, dark honey like buckwheat or chestnut. I didn't have either, but had a new honey jar from Greece. So I opened the jar. I wouldn't say it was strong, dark but not weak. It had pleasant clear but complex flavors.
While I was baking the cookies, my oven smelled wonderful!
The honey-caramelized almond topping with a hint of orange and vanilla was chewy and crunchy. Delightful! The thin crust was buttery and tender. I thought J would like the combination, and I was right as always!

Popular Posts