Chermoula Eggplant with Bulgur & Yogurt

This was Chermoula Eggplant with Bulgur and Yogurt.

I had two medium eggplants and didn't want to go to grocery store. I thought hard how I could convert the two eggplant into full dinner for two by adding only things from refrigerator, which didn't have much, and pantry, which was packed with dried nuts, fruits, grains and noodles. The Middle Eastern dish was a wise answer! I didn't make this dish for a while. There was some limitation of my inventory. So I needed to make some changes, like substituting green olives with purple olives, cilantro and mint with chive and parsley, greek yogurt with regular low-fat yogurt, etc, but the eggplant dish was pungent and comfortable just like before. Half a eggplant per person was satisfying since we also had a small bowl of salad, which means we can repeat this wonderful veggie dinner next day. Good for us!!

Popular Posts