Vegan Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies

These were Vegan gluten free black bean brownies.

I have been interested in making them since I saw a recipe on Minimalist Baker's blog. No egg, no flour, no butter, no refined sugar. Some conversations on the blog was about whether you actually taste beans and the answer from the blogger was no. Bean taste shouldn't be a concern for me, a Japanese who has grown up with thousands of sweeten bean sweets. But it was good to know the recipe would hide bean's existence because I wanted to trick J!
It was nicely fudgy as the recipe said. Although the recipe said sweet, it wasn't enough. I could have added a couple of table spoons of Splenda. It was definitely chocolaty! J agreed with it. No bean's shadow so far.... then, suddenly J mentioned it was a little chalky. Really? Maybe because of the beans?? Well, he wouldn't know they were black bean brownies until he reads this post.

Popular Posts