Vivo Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, again

We had a dinner at Vivo Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, again!

We started with Romaine hearts & baby kale Caesar salad like the last time. It could be one of the best restaurant's Caesar salad. Very good!

We shared pasta and pizza. Pasta was Baked Eggplant Casarecce - eggplant, onion & San Marzano tomato ragu topped with parmesan alfredo & smoked mozzarella. We hadn't tried this before. First, it was SPICY! J, who usually doesn't feel spiciness, agreed it was spicy. That means the spicy level was pretty hight. I, who usually detect a tiny bit of spiciness and complain it, liked the pasta. Especially the smoked mozzarella added a nice deep flavor. If it wasn't so spicy, I wouldn't mind ordering the dish again.
Pizza was Pizza Margherita with mushrooms. I hadn't had their brick-oven fired pizza before. J has. It was thin, crispy, nice. We have eaten brick-oven fired Margherita pizza at multiple places so far. Each has a different shape, thickness, different tomato sauce, different cheese amount, etc, but generally good like this one. I mean, I can't say which one was the best in the all including this one.  
Although I was pretty full with the half pasta and half pizza combo, I wanted to check their dessert menu. J kindly allowed me to do so. Creamy Panna Cotta was our choice.
Happy Italian dinner date!

Popular Posts